Quit chasing your tail when it comes to raw.
I’m interested but on the fence. What are the benefits of a raw-diet?
- There are many. Here are a few game-changers:
- No more odour
- Naturally cleans teeth
- Stool is firmer and healthier
- Decreased Vet bills
- Fresher breath
- Better weight control
- Allergies weaken and disappear
- More energy
- Longer life
- Better mobility
How much will switching to a raw diet cost me?
- It’s a lot more cost effective than you think. And what you save in vet bills makes it worth it for you, your pet and your wallet. The estimated feeding costs vary, depending on the size and activity level of your dog. There's a simple formula that may be helpful in calculating:
Weight of Dog x 2% x $2.75 (Average cost per lb) x 28 Days (7 Days x 4 Weeks) = Cost per month.
Or, simply fill out our simple 5-minute questionnaire to find out the perfect raw-diet plan for your fluffy carnivore.
Can I feed my pet both kibble and raw?
- We suggest going all raw if possible to provide your pet with optimal health and wellness. But some raw is better then no raw and you may find that this may not agree with your pets digestive system, so you may want to consider going fully raw or check out our freeze dried, dehydrated, or supplement lines.
So how do I know how much to feed my fluffy carnivore?
- Great question. Our easy-to-use Feeding Calculator instantly calculates how much food to feed your cat or dog. Simply answer a few questions and we’ll calculate the right amount of raw for your fluffy carnivore. Or, feel free to contact us at our store and talk to one of our very knowledgable staff.
Can you cook the raw diet?
- NEVER cook your pets raw food - including searing, defrosting in the microwave, or thawing in hot water! All of our brands contain ground raw bones. Cooked bones are not digestible and can be extremely dangerous - you may not have something happen the first time you cook it, but there is always the potential for it to happen causing high vet bills. If you have a picky pet we have a variety of healthy alternatives to raw that may interest them. If you forgot to thaw food a raw meaty bone and an egg is a great alternative for a meal!
What kind of supplements do I require with raw?
- When feeding your pet a raw-based diet, we suggest an Omega 3 source as a complimentary supplement. This can be done with a fish oil, hemp oil, or even by adding fish to the current diet. We also suggest adding a pre/pro biotic to create a good balance in your Fluffy Carnivores micro-biome to help with digestion. We have a large selection of supplements that will help your pet with any ailments or pre dispositions that may concern you.
Is it required to feed a variety of proteins?
- Yes! In order to have a completely balanced raw diet you must feed your pet a minimum of 3 different proteins as evenly as possible throughout a month. This is because the raw diet is not supplemented with any vitamins or minerals - they come straight from the meat/bone/organ. In order to get all the nutrients your dog needs it is vital to rotate. If you do not rotate proteins you should add a multivitamin, we recommend Best In Show Enhanced supplement
My pet has allergies what should I feed?
- We recommend feeding an elimination diet. This requires your dog to be on one single protein for the detoxing period. This can last for 3 weeks - 3 months depending on the pet. Then we slowly add new proteins & supplements into the diet. If you choose to stick with one protein a vitamin supplement is recommended. If your pet has allergies please visit the store, call or email us to discuss a meal plan for your dog.
I've decided to go raw, now what?
- Congrats! And welcome to our community of raw feeders!
Feel free to reach out to us or come by our store to get more info, but you can easily get started by filling out our simple, 5-minute questionnaire that will tailor the perfect raw-diet plan for your pet.
So, do you deliver?
- Yes we do. We offer free delivery for orders $50 and over to our Local Zone (Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, and Waterdown). Orders under $50 in this zone will be charged $9.99 for delivery. We also offer free delivery for orders $75 and over to our Extended Local Zone (Toronto, Brampton, Milton, Caledon, Georgetown, and Acton). Orders under $75 in this zone will be charged $9.99 for delivery.
Great. When can I expect my order?
- Due to nature of our product, raw food, we don’t ship our orders. We personally deliver to your door on the Tuesday of every week, ensuring you have everything you need to feed your fluffy carnivore. Please have your orders in by 11pm Sunday for guaranteed delivery.
My pet is picky. What’s your Return Policy?
- We strive in making sure that we offer high quality products and partner with only the best of the best. For this reason, we confidently offer a 100% money back guarantee if you are unsatisfied with your order within 30-days of purchase, providing a receipt. We can not take any returns on raw food.